Looking to to make your salad healthier? Make your own dressing!
There are so many salad dressings to choose from at your grocery store — but why not make your own healthy and delicious salad dressing without all the added sugar, preservatives, colors and other not-so-healthy additives? Making salad dressing from scratch is almost as fast and easy as opening up a pre-made bottle, and the taste is so much better.
These home-made versions take less than 5 minutes each and can be enjoyed throughout the week. Enjoy on top of a colorful salad or use as a dipping sauce for chicken or fish.
All you need to do for both of these dressings is combine the ingredients in a bowl and mix or whisk together. Voila!
Honey Basil Dressing
- 1/2 cup packed basil leaf
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Pinch sea salt
Creamy Balsamic Dressing
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1½ tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons nonfat Greek yogurt (may substitute regular nonfat yogurt but Greek is preferred)
- ½ tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil