Are you heading to a party, or hosting a get together, and looking for some tasty, yet not-too-much-of-a-cheat appetizers? Well, look no further than these tasty roll-ups. They take all of 15 minutes to assemble, and you’re left with a delectable finger-food that everyone is sure to love.
Keep in mind that you must assemble these four hours before you wish to serve them so they have time to set. Enjoy!
- 8 oz. light cream cheese
- 8 oz. light sour cream
- 1/2 packet taco seasoning
- 4-8 oz. hot salsa (to taste)
- 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies
- 4 green onions (tops & bottoms chopped)
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 8″ flour tortillas
- Four hours before serving, mix together in a medium size bowl: cream cheese, sour cream, taco seasoning, salsa and chopped green chilies.
- Gently stir in green onions and cheddar cheese.
- Lay out 5 tortillas at a time. Using 1/2 the cheese mixture, divide and spread evenly across the 5 tortillas.
- Roll up creating spirals inside.
- Repeat with remaining 5 tortillas.
- Lightly dampen 10 sheets of paper towel; wrap each roll in one.
- Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours.
- Just before serving, unwrap each roll and slice into 1″ pieces.
- Arrange on decorative platter and watch them disappear!
Nutrition Information for 4 pinwheel bites:
Calories from fat–35%
Saturated Fat–3 g
Total Carbohydrates–15 g