Who doesn’t love Chicken Cordon Bleu? Well, we took the traditional recipe and made it a little lighter and a little easier. It still tastes great, but now you can also FEEL great about eating it! Healthy comfort food – what could be better?
- 2 slices of deli turkey (honey roasted or desired flavor)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken cutlets (4oz each, pounded to 1/4 inch thickness)
- 2 slices of light Baby Swiss cheese
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 Tablespoons light margarine
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray shallow baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Lay cutlet on a clean, flat surface. Sprinkle each piece of chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place ½ turkey slice and wrap ½ slice of baby Swiss on top of each breast. Roll up each breast, and secure with a toothpick.
- Coat roll with egg whites and douse in bread crumbs.
- Place in baking dish, drizzle with melted margarine (optional)
- Cook for 25 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
Yield: 4 servings
Serving: 4 oz
Calories per serving: 243