Enjoy Buffalo chicken without the guilt!
Love buffalo wings, but not the calories, carbs and fat? Instead of fried wings, slathered in sauce and butter, then dipped in creamy (and fattening!) blue cheese – you can get those same delicious flavors in a much healthier way! There are only five ingredients in this recipe, and you can put it in the Crock-Pot in the morning and FORGET ABOUT IT!
- 2 pounds of bonesless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1.5 Cups (12 oz) of Frank’s Red Hot Original Sauce
- 1/2 Cup water (or substitute low-sodium chicken brother for a little more flavor)
- 1 packet (1 oz) dry Ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 2T butter (grass-fed butter is best!)
- Place chicken breast in the bottom of Crock-Pot
- Pour the rest of the ingredients over the chicken
- Cover and cook on low for 5- 6 hours
- Shred chicken and cook for another 30 minutes or so, letting the chicken soak up juices and flavors
Enjoy as is or with celery, light ranch or blue cheese dressing, tortilla chips or make a sandwich with whole grain bread. Yummy – and so easy!
(Makes 8 servings)
Per serving: 155 calories, 2 carbs, 6g fat, 25g protein