Before you pop the champagne and cheers in 2017, are you ready for the FINAL workout of 2016? This one is a reverse ladder – so keep in mind that each round is easier than the one before! You need a set of dumbbells, a kettlebell and a power wheel (you can also do the dumbbell thrusters with a kettlebell). If you don’t have a power wheel, you can do a plank walkout.
Perform this circuit as a countdown starting at 12 down to 1, going down one each round
1. Dumbbell thruster
- Hold dumbbells on your shoulders with elbows pointing slightly forward.
- Legs shoulder width apart.
- Keep abs tight
- Squat down
- As you begin to come back up, accelerate and throw weight overhead by extending arms upward.
- Bring arms down, and begin squat again
2. Kettlebell swing
3. 2-point row
4. Goblet split squat
5. Power wheel rollouts (or plank walkout)
Happy New Year! See you in the gym in 2017!
If you have any questions, comment here or hit us up on Facebook!