- 1 lb. frozen bread dough, thawed and at room temperature*
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. Italian herb seasoning
Turkey Sausage Filling:
- ½ lb. turkey smoked sausage, sliced very thin
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 green, red, and/or yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 4 oz. grated, low fat cheese (mozzarella or cheddar)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Roll dough into 10-inch by 14-inch rectangle and place on baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick coating. Spread pizza sauce on half of dough, and sprinkle with garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Top with filling ingredients. Fold dough over and press edges together to seal in filling. Bake for 20 minutes.
*Thaw frozen bread dough in refrigerator overnight, then set out for ½ hr at room temperature for easier rolling.
Yield: 8 slices
Serving: 1 slice
Calories per serving: 230
Fat per serving: 7 grams