(Courtesy of our friends at: greatist.com)
Chocolate for breakfast? Yep, cocoa can start your day off on the right foot. Mixed with quinoa for essential amino acids and protein, this recipe will keep you satiated even though it tastes like dessert. Now that’s the perfect start to the day!
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- Sea salt
- 1 banana, 1/2 mashed, 1/2 cut into slices
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh mint
- Bring quinoa, 1 cup almond milk, water, and 1 dash salt to a boil in a small pot.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until all liquid has been absorbed, about 10 minutes. Remove quinoa from stove and transfer to a bowl.
- Mix in mashed banana, honey, cocoa powder, and vanilla. Stir until evenly combined. Pour remaining 1/4 cup of almond milk over quinoa, and garnish with banana slices and mint.